Wednesday, March 16, 2011

By the skin of my teeth!

This week's weigh in was down .2 from last week. About thirty minutes later I got back on the scale and I was down another 1.5 lbs. This morning I was down a full 2 lbs. So who knows, but I recorded the .2. I think sometimes my scale has a bugaboo. Knowing this I always vow to take the first weight.

I remember standing on the scales at the WW meetings and asking if I could have a do-over. Hah!

I am totally digging the changes in the new WW plan. Very nice!!

I also have one small victory. A girlfriend and I stopped to get lunch today, and I got a salad. Came back, ate it, and then found the restaurant's nutrition info. I held the cheese and only ate about 2/3 of my dressing serving, and still it racked up a full 15 points. I almost had a coronary, before I stopped and decided that while I might say "hold the little crispy fried oniony thingies" next time, and forego the texas toast, it wasn't a huge deal in the big grand scheme of things.

That I can do that - both analyze but not freak out (or fall off the wagon) is a big thing, particularly in light of how I feel emotionally at the moment. I hope this is a sign of good things to come!

No comments: