Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WI Wednesday

I stepped on the scale this morning to find myself down 1.6 lbs from last week, for a total of 27 lbs lost. I still have a long way to go to get to goal, but not such a long way to my "anything under" weight. 8 lbs. 8 lbs to my "anything under" weight. I'm stoked!

Someone posted on FB the other day to ask WW peeps if they do, or do not swap out activity points. There's always a lot of talk with WW'ers about whether or not to use weekly points, and whether or not to use activity points. My answer to that is... you just have to figure it out for yourself.

Everyone is different. I personally do. I use my activity points, and I also use my weekly points. I don't always manage to use all of them on weeks where I have a ton of APs, but typically I come pretty close. For example: this past week I had 69 activity points (yes, really). If you add the 49 weeklies in with the 69 activity points that's a total of 118 extra points to burn. I managed to use up all but 22 of them. So on top of my 33 daily points I also burned up an additional 96 points over the course of the week - and lost 1.6 lbs.

I think different people lose in different ways, so what works for me may not work for someone else. My strategy is this - if you're using all points and not losing well, then try cutting back. If you're not using all points and not losing well then try using more.

I think for future weigh ins I may report on how many weeklies and APs I've used. I think it will give an interesting picture.

No comments: