Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Someone has to do it!

It seems lately all we can manage is weekly weigh-in announcements. I'm blaming the weather. And a flood of freelance work (that's a good thing!). I completely missed last week. Almost missed this week. Got on the scale this morning and think it hasn't moved since the last weigh-in (I say "think" because I failed to write it down last time). Anyway, I'm within a tenth of a pound of where I was last weigh-in.

Again, that's not great, but in the grand scheme of things, at least I'm not gaining, and given my extremely odd eating habits lately, I'm okay with that. Still, I'd like to do more than just plod through the Gail Parkins Memorial Ovarian Cancer Walk/Run in September, so I really do need to get going. It's just hard to do when exercise must take place outside and we're in the middle of a nasty heat wave. But that is something of an excuse. I could set my alarm for early a.m. and get out there before the sun comes up. In fact, I think that's what I'll do. And I'll have to 'fess up here next week if I don't. I know you'll be sitting on the edges of your seats waiting to see if this becomes a fail for me, lol!

(Julie)

______________________

I'm glad someone got around to it - yesterday was crazy, and today doesn't look to be much better. Funny how going home at lunch again to potty puppies seems to somehow shoot my day!

Anyway, I was down 3.6 lbs this week. At one point over the course of the week I was up an additonal four pounds from there - lets just say that I played the vacation card, followed by the birthday card, followed by the "it's Nicky's birthday too" card. Anyway, that puts me back below where I was prior to playing all of those cards. I think my total now is like 35.6.

An interesting thought process to share: As I saw the scale registering me up by 7 lbs or so, I had a moment of intense dispair. It was a moment of, "Oh no... I'm out of control and I'm never going to get it back." I was sort of keeping an eye on things, and the fact that the scale was moving in the wrong direction was scary to me. So I stood there, nekkid, and reasoned with myself. I told myself not to worry, that it was mostly food and water weight. I reminded myself that the plan works, and that if I continued to work it I would see the scale back in order again.

Know what? It worked.

(Laura)

1 comment:

Laura Carson said...

We'll be back for some accountability next week. :)